Roller Banners UK has its own in-house design team, but if you are suppling your own artwork we need you to follow a few basic rules to make sure we meet your deadlines and quality expectations. Getting everything absolutely right at the start of the process ensures you receive quality print at the end of it.
Our design team are familiar with most desktop publishing programs, if you need help or advice on creating your artwork, please call us and we will be happy to help.
** If ordering more than one version please upload a ZIP file containing all files or a multipage PDF file **
We assume that the files you send us have been proofed by you and are ready for printing. This means you have checked the document for all spelling and grammatical errors, colour issues, layout and design BEFORE sending us your artwork. With this in mind you will not need to receive any further proofs from us. Although we will do our best to ensure that the files you send us are set up correctly, if you follow the guidance you should not have any issues.
We require all artwork to be supplied as high resolution PDF files at the correct size for the banner you are buying.
- File type - files should be supplied as high resolution (high quality) 300dpi PDFs.
- Images - all images used during artwork preparation should be 300dpi at the Finished Print Size to ensure good quality print.
- Fonts - all fonts should be embedded (select embed fonts in distiller options) or converted to curves.
- Colour pallette - please supply as a CMYK PDF, not RGB. It is important to ensure that all images used are also converted to CMYK. Using RGB PDFs can cause incorrect colours being printed or faults with RGB images.
- Bleed - PDFs need to be supplied with 3mm bleed and trim marks. With roller banners it is important to take into account the area that will stay in the stand at the bottom of the panel. This area should also be treated as bleed.
- Spot colours - all spot colours need to be converted to CMYK before creating the PDF. If the PDF is set up with spot colours these will be converted before printing and may cause incorrect colour reproduction.
The artwork for your roller banners should be set up to the appropriate chosen width and height. The bottom 100mm of the banner material stays within the Roller Banner mechanism at the bottom of the banner and won't be seen. Please also leave 30mm clear of logo's and content at the top for the header bar. The print ready PDF should ideally be 300dpi, but this can be reduced if the file size is unmanageable. Please do not supply anything lower than 150dpi. It's fine to set the artwork up at 1/2 or 1/4 size as long as the dpi remains 300 at full size. There is no need to provide bleed around the edges on roller banners.
Economy roller banner stand:
The visible panel is 800mm width and 2,000mm high.
Artwork size should be 800 x 2,100mm high (treating the bottom 100mm as bleed)
Budget roller banner stand:
The visible panel is available in either a 800mm or 850mm width, and is 2,000mm high.
Artwork size should be 800/850mm x 2,100mm high (treating the bottom 100mm as bleed)
Premium roller banner stand:
The visible panel is available in an 850mm width and is 2,150mm high.
Artwork size should be 850mm x 2,250mm high (treating the bottom 100mm as bleed)
Exclusive roller banner stand:
The visible panel is available in a 850mm width and is 2,150mm high.
Artwork size should be 850mm x 2,350mm high (treating the bottom 200mm as bleed)
Wide Budget roller banner stand:
The visible panel is available in a 1m, 1.2m, 1.5m or 2m width, and the height is 2,000mm high.
Artwork size should be (choose your width) x 2,100mm high (treating the bottom 100mm as bleed)
Wide Premium roller banner stand:
The visible panel is available in a 1m, 1.2m, 1.5m, 2m or 2.4m width, and the height is 2,150mm high.
Artwork size should be (choose your width) x 2,250mm high (treating the bottom 100mm as bleed)
- Please check and double check your artwork before uploading the final PDF file. It sounds obvious, but please check that the artwork you are providing is suitable for the product you are ordering. If it's a PVC banner, please allow for hemming and eyelets.
- Do check spelling and grammar and make sure this is the final version which you are happy to have printed. Reprinting due to artwork errors is an added expense and we may have to charge.
- Ensure that you have permission to use any images or logos included in your artwork. Make sure you're not breaching any copyright regulations.
- We will not print any artwork which contains indecent or inappropriate images so please don't include them.
More artwork guidance can be found on our Artwork FAQ page.
Free templates are available to download on our Template page.